Simple hygiene measures can help protect your family’s health and everyone else's.
1. Don’t touch your face
2. Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
3. Don’t cough or sneeze into your hands
4. Cover your mouth and nose with your elbow or tissue when coughing or sneezing. Dispose of used tissue immediately.
5. Keep your distance
6. Maintain a distance of at least 1 meter (3 feet) from people who are coughing or sneezing.
7. Wash, wash, wash your hands. Yes, you’re hearing it everywhere, because it’s the best line of defence. Wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20-30 seconds.
8. Make sure to wash hands after you blow your nose, sneeze into a tissue, use the restroom, when you leave and return to your home, before preparing or eating food, applying make-up, handling contact lenses etc.
9. If using a hand sanitizer ensure that it contains at least 60 per cent alcohol, ensure coverage on all parts of the hands and rub hands together for 20-30 seconds until hands feel dry. If hands are visibly dirty, always wash hands with soap and water.
10. Did you know? Cold water and warm water are equally effective at killing germs and viruses — as long as you use soap and wash your hands the right way!
Personal hygiene tips by UNICEF during Covid-19.